Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Forms (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-forms/)
-   -   How to open existing calendar event from .NET application? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-forms/75178-how-open-existing-calendar-event.html)

Brian Tillman July 15th 08 01:38 PM

How to open existing calendar event from .NET application?

robinbittner wrote:

I am developping a .NET windows forms application which cooperates
with Outlook 2003/2007. I know how to create an empty calendar event:
I create *.ics file and open it.
Now, I want to display existing calendar event in Outlook - how can I
do it from the .NET application?
I know the "uid", because I defined it in the *.ics file previously.

microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms may be a better place to ask this
programming question.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] July 15th 08 02:47 PM

How to open existing calendar event from .NET application?

Get a copy of Outlook Spy or MFCMAPI.exe so you can research whether Outlook
is actually storing the UID anywhere from your .ics file in a hidden MAPI
property. If it is, you can search for it using the DASL syntax with Restrict
method and the @SQL= prefix; http://www.outlookcode.com/news.aspx?id=30.
Whether that will actually work for that particular property is something
you'll have to test. If not, you can always fall back to using Outlook
Redemption.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart

Dmitry Streblechenko July 15th 08 09:29 PM

How to open existing calendar event from .NET application?

Keep in mind that Outlook 2007 exposes that id as teh
AppointmentItem.GlobalAppointmentID property.
In teh previous version of Outlook, you can access it using Extended MAPI,
CDO 1.21 or Redemption:
http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{6ED8DA90-450B-101B-98DA-00AA003F1305}/00030102

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] July 16th 08 01:42 AM

How to open existing calendar event from .NET application?

So GlobalAppointmentID picks up the UID from an iCalendar meeting request or
..ics attachment? That I didn't know. Thanks, Dmitry.

robinbittner July 16th 08 07:20 AM

How to open existing calendar event from .NET application?

Thanks to all,
Roman