Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Forms (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-forms/)
-   -   Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-forms/45683-microsoft-office-outlook-cannot-provide.html)

Safr April 10th 07 07:22 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

When I clicked Tools-Forms-Design a Form, then chose my custom form, I got
this error message:

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support. This
feature is not available. To make this feature available, run Setup again,
click "Add or remove Features" and change the feature to "Run from My
Computer".

Although form is opened, I get this message again on clicking "View Code"
button
Having done all these suggested steps, the same error appeared.

I use Office 2007 on a terminal server. Outlook 2007 on a standalone machine
doesn't have any problems like that. What is the problem of Outlook 2007 in
the terminal server?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] April 17th 07 04:35 AM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

Terminal server installations don't automatically include a key scripting component. It's been that way for several versions. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/terminalserver.htm

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Safr April 18th 07 10:22 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

Unfortunately, the way that was good for Outlook 2002 and 2003 (copying of
Outlvbs.dll) doesn't work for Outlook 2007. Actually, I didn't find
Outlvbs.dll for Outlook 2007 and tried to use the one of Outlook 2003, which
didn't help me.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] May 20th 07 10:21 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

Did you copy it to the right folder? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302003/.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Elmar Sievers May 26th 07 05:46 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

Hello,

have the same problem. Does not work. Have copy the outlvbs.dll from a
workstation to the office12 folder on the terminal server, but the error
still appears.

It is a known bug or have I to do additional things?

Regards
Elmar

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] May 26th 07 08:10 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

I wonder if running regsvr32.exe to register the .dll would make any difference.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Elmar Sievers May 27th 07 07:38 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

Hello Sue,

if I call regsvr32 from the c:\programme\microsoft office\office 12 folder
for OUTLVBS.DLL then I get the error message:
LoadLibrary(OUTLVBS.DLL") failed.
GetLastError returns 0x0000007e.

If I copy OUTLVBS.DLL to c:\windows\system32 and start regsvr32 from there I
get the following error message:
LoadLibrary("OUTLVBS.DLL") fehlgeschlagen - Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht
gefunden.

Regards
Elmar

Henrik Rostoft May 30th 07 12:42 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

If you are using Office Enterprise 2007 copy the following to a reg file and import it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersio n\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\D5F662842F9AB9B43AC 8199855FE5B0C]
"00002109030000000000000000F01FEC"="C:\\Progra m Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLVBS.DLL"

This worked for me. This line doesn't get into the registry even if you use the overrideterminalserver=1 installation parameter.

If you are using another version of 2007 change 00002109030000000000000000F01FEC to the id for the other version.

Elmar Sievers June 8th 07 09:04 PM

Microsoft Office Outlook cannot provide form scripting support

Hello Henrik,

thank you! That worked!

Elmar