Color code quoted text

Old January 19th 07, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
[email protected]

Default Color code quoted text

Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message
reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find
anything about this.

The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other
programs.

I found a bit of info on this in the help files, about using Microsoft
Outlook 2000 Forms Administrator to designate a replacement form for
messages but not anything about how to create the message form.

I posted a partial version of this question in the main Outlook group,
sorry about cross-posting, I found this group on further research.

I'm a transact-sql, C# and Vb.net guy, if that helps any with what kind
of skills are required to do this.

I'm using the Mapilabs add-in to view Newsgroups in Outlook which works
great, but it's hard to easily see fresh portion of the reply with all
the quoted text.

Bob Graham

Old January 19th 07, 07:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook doesn't have any feature to do that. A custom form won't help.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old January 19th 07, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Bob Graham

Thanks Sue.

I was afraid I was stuck there. I'd like to have all my email (exchange
and my personal pop mail) as well as my newsgroups all condensed in one
interface, but haven't found a truly satisfying solution yet. Opera has
been my favorite except that it isn't an exchange client and doesn't do
html posting with embedded graphics.

Bob