Attachment Problem with Custom Form

Old September 27th 06, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
HHo

Default Attachment Problem with Custom Form

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Custom Form Mail Message. I have tried to send an
email with attached file (only .txt) to the "Non Outlook Recipient" (in this
case I use my own Hotmail). The problem is that the attached file never reach
my Hotmail, only shown "Winmail.dat"

Note: I have tried to send using HTML & Plain Text format, Not in RTF. I use
Outlook 2000 Standard Edition (not yet update to any SP)

Thank you very much in advance for any reply & suggestion

Regards,
HHo
Old September 27th 06, 12:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

A custom form always sends in rich-text. That's why custom message forms are generally useful only inside an organization.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old September 28th 06, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
HHo

Hi Sue, Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible to disable the RTF so that I can send using either Plain Text
or HTML format? If yes, how do I do it?

Note: My company would like to use the Custom Form Mail Message for our
internal organization and set it as default as well as to send the email for
external user outside our organization. If there is no way to disable RTF, do
you have any suggestion on how to make my Custom Form Mail Message easy to be
used (I want the user avoid long step to use my Custom Form by clicking New
- Choose Form - Personal Forms Library - and so on)

Many thanks again for your time.

Regards,
HHo

Old September 28th 06, 03:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What functionality does this custom form add to your organization? A custom form may not be the ideal solution.

The most direct solution is to put code in the Item_Send event handler to generate a new mail message with Application.CreateItem and copy all the necessary information to the new mail message.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old September 28th 06, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
HHo

The purpose of this Custom Form is to add Reference Number in the Message
Header so that users can keep all outgoing and refer to this Reference Number
in the future.

Do you have any idea how to make it simple?
My idea is to add new icon in toolbar and link it to my Custom Form. The
user will have two options if they want to send email, either using Outlook
Standard or Custom Form. But the problem occur while our internal
organization is going to REPLY that Custom Form email, the Reference Number
won't be show up. I know this case come up because I didnt setup my Custom
Form as default so that the compose target still point to IPM.Note as its
standard

Is it possible to set if we received a Custom Form email, then we will Reply
it as a Custom Form email. However, if we received standard outlook email
then we will automatically Reply using standard outlook email? How to do it?

Note: The FORWARD function is already working like I said above. The "Reply"
and "Reply to All" didn't.

Thank you so much Sue...

Old September 28th 06, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Set the Reply action on the custom form to use the custom form instead of IPM.Note.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old September 29th 06, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
HHo

Thank you.

I have tried this way before it didn't work. But I tried again this morning
and it works.

Anyway thank you so much for your time.
Have a great weekend!

Rgds,