Export Form Data

Old September 26th 06, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Wiscrebels

Default Export Form Data

Sue,

Thanks for all your help on this issue...

I have created a task form that contains a variety of custom fields. I am
able to export some of the custom fields (i.e. text entry, date) without
issue, however I have some check boxes that do not copy over?

The properties of the checkbox fields are set as:

Type: Yes/No
Format: Icon
Property to use: Value

There is no initial value or validation done on these check boxes.

Thanks again for any help you can provide...

Mike

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Simply copy or move them -- drag/drop or the commands on the Edit menu.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Shree" wrote in message ...
Hi Sue,
Can you please expand a little more on how I can put all the items in one
folder.
I have a custom made form(message) with several custom fields and
layers(tabs).
Thanks in advance.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Outlook doesn't support exporting custom fields. Quick and dirty method:

1. Put all the items from your form in one folder.
2. Use a table view to display all the data fields that you want to export to Excel.
3. Choose Edit | Select All.
4. Choose Edit | Copy.
5. Paste to Excel.

You can't change the fields available for export. However, if you use Access to set up a linked table connected to your mail folder, you will see the Received date among the available properties. Third-party export tools are also available; see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools

Otherwise, you'd have to write custom code or use a third-party application. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm .

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Harv" wrote in message ...
Hope you can help.

I created a form based on a Task. All seems to work fine with that. Now, I
would like to export the information to an excel file.

The problem is that when I do this, I only get the field from the task and
none of the custom fields I created. I really just want the fields I
created.

Thanks Harv

Old September 26th 06, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

How are you performing the export?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old September 26th 06, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Wiscrebels

I've added all the custom fields to the view and tried both exporting
(File/Import and Export/Export to a file/Microsoft Excel) and dragging and
dropping to Excel.