Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Forms (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-forms/)
-   -   missing Send button in the design form (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-forms/28054-missing-send-button-design-form.html)

Nikolas September 25th 06 04:12 PM

missing Send button in the design form

After the installation of the Microsoft Office Beta 2 TR there was a change
in the UI of the Message Form of Outlook 2007. The Send and Account buttons
are taken away from the Ribbon and placed next to the To… and Cc… buttons.
When having open this Compose Message Form and press the Design This Form
button the design UI will appear. However, the Send button is gone and does
not appear with the rest of the controls in the design pane. If no changes
are made at this point and you run the form, the Send button (along with the
Account button) does appear again, however, if you do any change before
running the form the Send and the Account buttons will not appear. In
general, what you see in the design form is not what you see in the end
running form.

My aim is to just add a few extra controls to the existing Message Form but
in the design mode I don’t get the expected result.

Is this a known issue, any suggestions are welcome.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] September 25th 06 04:34 PM

missing Send button in the design form

The Send and Account buttons will appear in the Ribbon when you run a legacy customized message form. That's by design.

What's your purpose in using a custom form? Have you thought about using the new form regions feature in Outlook 2007 rather than a custom message form?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Nikolas September 26th 06 05:26 PM

missing Send button in the design form

Yes I am using form regions too. But apart from creating new form regions for
different message classes I would like to extend the existing New Message
form and add just one more button (not on the ribbon but on the design pane
like the Send button is in the latest release). It would save me time to just
press the "design this form" button and design the existing form than
creating a new form region and design it from scratch.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] September 26th 06 05:33 PM

missing Send button in the design form

Using a legacy custom message form is almost always a bad idea, because it causes Winmail.dat leakage. A form region is the way to go.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

John Guin September 29th 06 02:54 AM

missing Send button in the design form

Kind of a tangential question: are you trying to design the region as a
Replace or ReplaceAll region?

John