MAPI - Correlate sent mail with delivery and non-delivery receipts

Old May 18th 06, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sankar

Default MAPI - Correlate sent mail with delivery and non-delivery receipts

Hi all,

I am new to the MAPI programming.
I am enhancing an existing application to process delivery receipts. I am
able to correlate delivery receipts with sent messaging by comparing
PR_SEARCH_KEY property of the sent message with PR_ORIGINAL_SEARCH_KEY
property of delivery receipt. But Problem is with non-delivery receipts. I
don't see PR_ORIGINAL_SEARCH_KEY on non-delivery receipts. I tried comparing
PR_SEARCH_KEY of attached original mail with PR_SEARCH_KEY key of sent mail.
Surprisingly they are diferring.

My application sents all mails with same subject so looks like I cannot use
PR_CONVERSATION_TOPIC property as it default equals to PR_NORMALIZED_SUBJECT.

I have not really experimented with PR_CORRELATE_MTSID property. Not sure if
this can be used.

We don't store sent mails in the sent items folder. so i have to extract
required properties of sent mail and maintain them for future processing.

Any suggestion on best way to correlate delivery and non delivery reports
with sent messages is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sankar