date field behaviour

Old April 5th 06, 01:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Long Nguyen

Default date field behaviour

(outlook 2002, sp1)

In my custom form I created a date field with format hh:mm PM (that is
displaying only the time, not the date). When I entered 1700 (without . or
it displayed 8:00AM (instead of 5:00PM). Is this a bug or the way it
works?

(If I had . or :, e.g. 17:00 it converted to correct time of 5:00PM)

I did more investigation I found out that when 1700 was entered the field
had the year set to 1700 and time to 8:00AM. It seems that without the . or
: Outlook considered the value as the year. It seems that this is the way it
works.

Thks
Long

Old April 5th 06, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Long Nguyen

More on this - The start and end time fields in the Appoitment form seems to
work ok, ie. Outlook would convert a "1700" input to 5:00PM. I just wonder
how it is implemented. Any extra programming underneath is needed for this?

Old April 6th 06, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The date/time fields are all supposed to work with the same date logic, but your testing seems to indicate that is not in fact the case. I can't explain the discrepancy and can only suggest that you tell users to use 17:00, not 1700 unless they want to go back in time.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP