Contact information does not appear in the address book in Outlook

Old March 28th 06, 12:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Naif

Default Contact information does not appear in the address book in Outlook

I have many contacts in the contacts folder and i can't see any one of them
in the address book, I’ve looked into this link :
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
still can't see them. Now, when I open to the address and add a new entry
from there then I can see that new entry in my contact folder but not in
address book

Old March 28th 06, 01:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Naif

Default Contact information does not appear in the address book in Out

MS Outlook 2002 with SP3

Old March 28th 06, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Do you have more than one contact-type folder? Also, is your Contacts folder
selected to be an address book? Right click on it and choose "Properties"
and go to the Outlook Address Book tab to see.

"Naif" wrote in message
MS Outlook 2002 with SP3

Old March 29th 06, 06:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Naif

Vince,

I only have the contact folder and yes, it is selected to be an outlook
address book,

now, I've tried to create a new contact folder and saved it under the
personal folders, then, copied the contacts into it and even make it as
address book thing. The result is that I can see the folder but still I can't
see the contacts that in it.

Regards,
Naif

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Do you have more than one contact-type folder? Also, is your Contacts folder
selected to be an address book? Right click on it and choose "Properties"
and go to the Outlook Address Book tab to see.

"Naif" wrote in message
MS Outlook 2002 with SP3

Old March 29th 06, 10:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Where can you see the folder but not the contacts? Sorry if I'm being dense,
just trying to sort out your issue...

Old March 30th 06, 06:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Naif

in the address book window and under "show names from the" I can see all the
contact folders, but if i select any one of them, then i can't see the
contacts list that i have in that particular folder

Rgds,
Naif

Old March 30th 06, 10:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

If you add a new contact with an electronic address to any of those folders
does it show up in the address book?

Old March 30th 06, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Naif

Vince,

Thank you for your help, but I solved this problem. the solution was right
in front of my eyes but I couldn't see it. for some how all e-mail address
from the contacts were deleted, but not any other information like tel no,
home address, etc. I didn't notice that all of that time because I was
assuming the error was in the setting not in the contact itself. luckily, I
have a backup and I only import the contacts and replace the old one so that
every contact have the e-mail address recovered. once again thank you for you
help

Best Regards,
Naif