How come emails are sent to deleted contacts?

Old August 4th 09, 03:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Amy

Default How come emails are sent to deleted contacts?

I have emails that are being sent out to email address that I have deleted
from contacts, because they are no longer good email addresses. So, when I
send out an email to all of my contacts I get a error message, saying email
no good. When I try to find it in contacts it does not pull up a contact,
but a email properties dialog box with display name and email address, but no
way to delete it. I am sure these are emails I have deleted from contacts in
the past. I have also went through each contact looking for email address
that way and do not see it. How can I stop this from happening?

Also, when I send out an email or a forward to all of my contacts is there a
better way to do it so that it is getting to all of them? I seen something
called send individually wondered if that would help sending out a mass email
easier.
Old August 4th 09, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Amy" wrote in message

I have emails that are being sent out to email address that I have deleted
from contacts, because they are no longer good email addresses. So, when I
send out an email to all of my contacts I get a error message, saying email
no good.

Describe exactly how you are addressing the message.

When I try to find it in contacts it does not pull up a contact,
but a email properties dialog box with display name and email address, but
no
way to delete it.

Exactly how are you performing this search?

I am sure these are emails I have deleted from contacts in
the past. I have also went through each contact looking for email address
that way and do not see it. How can I stop this from happening?

You were too vague in describing your symptoms and how you produce them to
answer this question yet.

Also, when I send out an email or a forward to all of my contacts is there a
better way to do it so that it is getting to all of them? I seen something
called send individually wondered if that would help sending out a mass
email
easier.

In Outlook's Help, look for "mail merge".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 4th 09, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Amy

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"Amy" wrote in message

I have emails that are being sent out to email address that I have deleted
from contacts, because they are no longer good email addresses. So, when I
send out an email to all of my contacts I get a error message, saying email
no good.

Describe exactly how you are addressing the message. I pull up my contact folder and add them in the To: and CC: I have hundreds I send the same email to, so I split them by ABC order 1st message will be all the names beginning with A in To: and B in CC: I hope that makes sense.

When I try to find it in contacts it does not pull up a contact,
but a email properties dialog box with display name and email address, but
no
way to delete it.

Exactly how are you performing this search? In the search box by address book on the toolbar.

I am sure these are emails I have deleted from contacts in
the past. I have also went through each contact looking for email address
that way and do not see it. How can I stop this from happening?

You were too vague in describing your symptoms and how you produce them to
answer this question yet. I do a search for the bad email in the search box by address book on toolbar or by persons name if I know it. I then go to file and delete.

Also, when I send out an email or a forward to all of my contacts is there a
better way to do it so that it is getting to all of them? I seen something
called send individually wondered if that would help sending out a mass
email
easier.

In Outlook's Help, look for "mail merge".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Basically, when an email comes back I go to search box by address book and search for name or email address. Then file and delete to remove them from contacts.

Old August 4th 09, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

is sounds like you are using the nickname cache -- if you start typing the
address in the To field, does it come up? if so, use the arrows to select it
and press Delete.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old August 4th 09, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Amy" wrote in message

I pull up my contact folder and add them in the To: and CC:

Still too vague. What does "I pull up my contact folder" mean EXACTLY. What
do you click and when. We can't see what you're doing.

I have hundreds I send the same email to, so I split them by ABC order 1st
message will be all the
names beginning with A in To: and B in CC: I hope that makes sense.

Split them how?

I do a search for the bad email in the search box by address book on toolbar
or by persons name if I
know it. I then go to file and delete.

Are you in the Contacts folder when you perform this search, usin the "Type a
contact to find" search box?

Basically, when an email comes back I go to search box by address book and
search for name or
email address. Then file and delete to remove them from contacts.

What's going on in my mind is that, at least for some of these addressees,
you're using the value in the autocompletion cache (the pop-up list you see
when you start typing in the To field of a new message window) and not the
value for the address in the contact's record. If you change a contact's
address in the contact record, then it is a good idea to purge autocompletion
cache of that person's former address so that Outlook willo generate a new
resolution of the address using the new data you've entered.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]