Outlook 2003 - Change case of Contacts

Old July 7th 09, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Amy

Default Outlook 2003 - Change case of Contacts

I am using Outlook 2003 and sometime I import a contact from work. However,
the vcard I get from work has all the information in All Caps format. How do
I go through each contact card and change this to Title Case? Usually, name,
title, and addresses are in app caps.
Old July 7th 09, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Explain clearly what you mean by "I import a contact from work" and why you
wouldn't use a method that preserves the data. Once you corrupt the data,
Outlook has no way to restore it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 7th 09, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Amy

Here are the steps I use to import the vcard:

Go to company website, look up contact of person. Save vcard to desktop.
In Outlook 2003, click on File, Import and Export, select Import a VCARD
file.

Once the vcard has been imported into my contacts in Outlook 2003, it is
imported as it was originally formatted, and the name, title, and address are
in All Caps.

I want to change the All Caps to Title Case for these imported vcards. The
data itself is preserved but I want to change how the information is
formatted.

Thank you for your help.

Old July 8th 09, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Are you using some foreign email software at work that Outlook cannot
recognize? If not, then my question remains unanswered.
Importing is a decidedly poor choice for transferring Outlook data.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 8th 09, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Amy" wrote in message

Here are the steps I use to import the vcard:

Go to company website, look up contact of person. Save vcard to desktop.

Perhaps the company web site software is saving the vCard dat ain upper case.
Have you looked? If that's the case, Outlook cannot do anything about the
problem.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old July 9th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Amy

Yes, the vcards are saved with all upper case letters for those three areas
in the vcard. Thank you for your help. Too bad there is no way to edit the
vcards, a batch at a time. Thanks for letting me know.