Link local contacts to server contacts?

Old June 18th 09, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Amy

Default Link local contacts to server contacts?

I am using Outlook 2003. I'm not sure if I put the write subject describer
but here is what I am doing and would like to do.

I have a .pst file called Mailbox. This is the one that pulls the emails
from the email server. I have a blackberry linked to my outlook in which my
blackberry receives emails and calendar events and gets the contact
information. When I update contacts in this .pst file, Mailbox, it then
updates my blackberry.

Within Outlook, I have a rule that moves all incoming mail to a local .pst
file, called 2009 Local Emails. I did this because the email server cannot
hold very many emails so I work from my local .pst file. From this .pst file
I can send and reply to emails. Because I do this, it uses my local .pst
file contact list to email to.

Here is what I would like to do. I would like to have something along the
the lines that takes my local contact list and always pulls from the Mailbox
contact list. This way, I only have to update one contact list from the
Mailbox .pst file and it will automatically keep my local .pst's contact list
up-to-date. Is there a way to do this?

So far, what I do is I update the contact from the Mailbox.pst. Then I hit
Ctrl-C on the contact, click in the local .pst's contact list and hit Ctrl-V
and update the existing contact. I have not been able to think of an easier
way to do this.

Thanks for any help.
Old June 18th 09, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Is the server account using Exchange server? Outlook can display all
contacts folders as address books so there is little reason to sync the
folders - although there are 3rd party tools you can use.

If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when
you click on the To button, make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an
email address book. Right click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then
Outlook Address Book. Is the box to enable as email address book is checked?

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-mail.asp for utilities than can
sync the folders.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]