Importing contacts from windows live to outlook 2007

Old May 9th 09, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Zashow

Default Importing contacts from windows live to outlook 2007

Yes, yes. I know. Export the address book in CVS format. Then click file,
import in Outlook. The trouble is there is NO IMPORT line under FILE in
outlook 2007. And if there is, there isn't in mine.....Any sugestions?
Thanks so much for any help.
Old May 9th 09, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Just the obvious. You never transfer data from the address book view and you
never use import/export to do so.
Any other questions?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old May 9th 09, 04:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Zashow

So Russ,
If you were any kind of person who really wanted to help, instead of being
an ass, you would realize that in the HELP of Office 2007 it states download
contacts from Windows live in CVS format to your computer. Then open Office
2007 and click on FILE then under file on Import and export, BUT this line is
not there like it says. SO, maybe I am not as savy a computer geek as you
seem to be, but I believe I at least get an "A" for trying. NOW, if you could
tell me how to get the contact list on Windows Live to my Outlook program, I
would appreciate it.
Thanks for your time.

Old May 9th 09, 11:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_6_]

"Zashow" wrote in message

So Russ,
If you were any kind of person who really wanted to help, instead of being
an ass, you would realize that in the HELP of Office 2007 it states
download
contacts from Windows live in CVS format to your computer. Then open
Office
2007 and click on FILE then under file on Import and export, BUT this line
is
not there like it says. SO, maybe I am not as savy a computer geek as you
seem to be, but I believe I at least get an "A" for trying. NOW, if you
could
tell me how to get the contact list on Windows Live to my Outlook program,
would appreciate it.
Thanks for your time.

So when you click on File-Import and Export in Outlook, there is no option
in the window that appears that says "Import from a program or File"?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old May 9th 09, 11:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It wasn't clear from your post what you meant. If you you meant that have no
such option in Outlook's Contacts view, then you need to make sure you have
installed Outlook's Importers and Exporters from the CD. Have you checked?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]