Using separate fields in address makes gaps in labels?

Old October 13th 08, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon[_4_]

Default Using separate fields in address makes gaps in labels?

Office 2007.
If I use the proper address fields in Outlook Contacts (i.e. Postcode, City,
etc etc) then when I do a mailing label mailmerge, there are line spaces in
the address block like this:

Mr J Bloggs
2 The Avenue

Granite City
Loamshire
GC1 1GC

If however I put ALL the address in the street field and ignore the other
fields, then there are NO gaps in the address block like this:

Mr J Bloggs
2 The Avenue
Granite City
Loamshire
GC1 1GC

This does NOT happen when using the Insert Mailing Address function in Word.
If I insert an address in a letter that uses all the separate address fields
instead of having the whole address in the Street field, the gap does NOT
appear.

Is this a bug in Outlook contacts Mail merge?,

Old October 13th 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No such bug. This is end user error. We can't tell what you're doing wrong
because we don't know what you're doing. Mail merges are all done in Word,
even if you start them in Outlook. The Word MVP's have plenty of information
to help you:
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm
--
Russ Valentine