Multiple phone numbers

Old August 13th 08, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Anne

Default Multiple phone numbers

I sync Outlook with my Blackberry, but I would assume I would have the same
problem if I dialed using Outlook.
I have several contacts with various locations. Therefore in business I show
888-123-4567 Deland, business 2: 888-123-6547 Daytona. I tried putting
888-123-6547 x Daytona, but it dial the word daytona after a few seconds.

Also there is this large blank field or area to the right of the contact
detail and underneith the email address field, which I use for notes. I am
not able to find what this field is named to be able to include it in the
sync.
Old August 13th 08, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Anne wrote:

I sync Outlook with my Blackberry, but I would assume I would have
the same problem if I dialed using Outlook.
I have several contacts with various locations. Therefore in business
I show 888-123-4567 Deland, business 2: 888-123-6547 Daytona. I tried
putting 888-123-6547 x Daytona, but it dial the word daytona after a
few seconds.

The Outlook phone number fields should contain only valid phone numbers - no
notation.

Also there is this large blank field or area to the right of the
contact detail and underneith the email address field, which I use
for notes. I am not able to find what this field is named to be able
to include it in the sync.

I don't know the official name of the field, but I call it the notes pane.
I'm not sure that can be synched.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 13th 08, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Anne

For right now, I have resolved the issue by creating 2 contacts. I don't have
too many contacts with more than one location.
It looks strange, I added the location behind the last name, so I have
Smith - Deland, John
Smith - Daytona, John
but at least I can automatically dial the person from the address book.

the notes pane must not be on the sync list because I was looking for either
memo or note and I could not find any field to sync.

Old August 14th 08, 01:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Anne wrote:

the notes pane must not be on the sync list because I was looking for
either memo or note and I could not find any field to sync.

I added data to one of my contacts, then examined all of the fields
available in the UI of Outlook and couldn't locate the field. Clearly,
however, the field is syncable because my Windows Mobile device syncs it.
It's called "Notes" on the Windows Mobile device. Using a MAPI tool shows
that the property name is PR_BODY. I doubt that will help, though.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 15th 08, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Anne

Brian,
I am happy with the sync. I am glad you mentioned PR_Body because there was
an Outlook field called body listed in the field mappings, which before was
totally meaningless for me. I synced it to Notes. It worked.
Thanks,
Anne