sending emails to all in my contact list

Old May 7th 08, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
DL

Default sending emails to all in my contact list

How can I select all names on my contacts to send them an email? I can
select a under TO and all the names that start with a show up but I have to
select one at a time.
Old May 7th 08, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you should be able to hold shift and select all - or go to the contract
folder and select all then use the Action, new message to option

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old May 7th 08, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
DL

I have office 2007. Hold shift and select all doesn't work unless their is a
select all key? I only have one contact in my contacts folder but I have
hundreds of names that show up by the first letter of their email addresses.
Is there another way?

Old May 8th 08, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky {MVP}

by 'first letter of their email address', do you mean when you type a letter
into the To field? That is totally different - those are not contacts. It's
a cache of people you recently sent messages to. It is easily corrupted and
should not be relied on as a substitute for saving the addresses in your
address book.

Ctrl+A is select all, but what I meant for you to do was use the long time
windows method of selecting multiple items: select item, hold shift and
select the last item - this selects all. Use Ctrl if you want to pick and
choose. These shortcuts work in almost every windows application to select
multiple items. If you only have one name in contacts it won't do you much
good though.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

you should be able to hold shift and select all - or go to the contract
folder and select all then use the Action, new message to option

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old May 8th 08, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
DL

Diane

Thank you, now I understand. All my names are in a cache, is there a way to
put these all as contacts at one time? How do I make these contacts?

Old May 8th 08, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

WIth a tool like this: http://www.ingressor.com/desktop.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]