A Microsoft Outlook email forum. Outlook Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Outlook Banter forum » Microsoft Outlook Email Newsgroups » Outlook - Using Contacts
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

autofill email addresses Outlook 2007



 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 3rd 08, 03:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
BobG81
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default autofill email addresses Outlook 2007

Have imported 500 names from Outlook Express OK. Have set options advanced
email suggestions box (checked it)

Autocomplete does not work. No suggestions are made.

Am stuck. Need advice. Help.
Ads
  #2  
Old May 3rd 08, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky {MVP}
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,260
Default autofill email addresses Outlook 2007

Autocomplete only works for addresses you've sent mail to.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:


Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:




"BobG81" wrote in message
...
Have imported 500 names from Outlook Express OK. Have set options
advanced
email suggestions box (checked it)

Autocomplete does not work. No suggestions are made.

Am stuck. Need advice. Help.


  #3  
Old June 10th 08, 09:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
The Frostbyte
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default autofill email addresses Outlook 2007

Autocomplete / Autofill email addresses.

Folks, this is so simple.....

When ever you have a major change or addition to your email address book and
autocomplete for the new email addresses won't work, simply start a new
email, blank is okay, select ALL of your email addresses to SEND TO, save it
to drafts, delete it from drafts.

So far, this has worked nicely for me since, mmmmm... somewhere around
Office 2000 or so.





"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

Autocomplete only works for addresses you've sent mail to.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:


Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:




"BobG81" wrote in message
...
Have imported 500 names from Outlook Express OK. Have set options
advanced
email suggestions box (checked it)

Autocomplete does not work. No suggestions are made.

Am stuck. Need advice. Help.


  #4  
Old June 13th 08, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
AndrewH1
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default autofill email addresses Outlook 2007

Is there a way to take a list of emails from Autofill?

My problem is that I never added the people I email with to my conctacts,
so now I have a big autofill list that I need to turn into a list of emails.

"The Frostbyte" wrote:

Autocomplete / Autofill email addresses.

Folks, this is so simple.....

When ever you have a major change or addition to your email address book and
autocomplete for the new email addresses won't work, simply start a new
email, blank is okay, select ALL of your email addresses to SEND TO, save it
to drafts, delete it from drafts.

So far, this has worked nicely for me since, mmmmm... somewhere around
Office 2000 or so.





"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

Autocomplete only works for addresses you've sent mail to.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:


Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:




"BobG81" wrote in message
...
Have imported 500 names from Outlook Express OK. Have set options
advanced
email suggestions box (checked it)

Autocomplete does not work. No suggestions are made.

Am stuck. Need advice. Help.


  #5  
Old June 13th 08, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Diane Poremsky {MVP}
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,260
Default autofill email addresses Outlook 2007

either of the utilities on this page can export a list:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:


Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:


** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **




"AndrewH1" wrote in message
...
Is there a way to take a list of emails from Autofill?

My problem is that I never added the people I email with to my conctacts,
so now I have a big autofill list that I need to turn into a list of
emails.

"The Frostbyte" wrote:

Autocomplete / Autofill email addresses.

Folks, this is so simple.....

When ever you have a major change or addition to your email address book
and
autocomplete for the new email addresses won't work, simply start a new
email, blank is okay, select ALL of your email addresses to SEND TO, save
it
to drafts, delete it from drafts.

So far, this has worked nicely for me since, mmmmm... somewhere around
Office 2000 or so.





"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

Autocomplete only works for addresses you've sent mail to.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks?
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:


Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:




"BobG81" wrote in message
...
Have imported 500 names from Outlook Express OK. Have set options
advanced
email suggestions box (checked it)

Autocomplete does not work. No suggestions are made.

Am stuck. Need advice. Help.

  #6  
Old June 16th 08, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 17,453
Default autofill email addresses Outlook 2007

Diane Poremsky {MVP} wrote:

either of the utilities on this page can export a list:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp


Or this: http://www.nk2.info/
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autofill E-mail Addresses? Bruce... Outlook - General Queries 5 February 16th 08 11:13 PM
My addresses won't autofill Rena Outlook - Installation 11 January 11th 08 04:44 PM
Autofill email addresses in new installation on new computer JBELLISS Outlook - Using Contacts 1 September 12th 06 09:50 PM
convert autofill addresses to contacts CathyJ Outlook - Using Contacts 3 July 13th 06 10:10 PM
why won't addresses autofill as I type them in the address field Frustrated Outlook - Using Contacts 12 May 31st 06 04:00 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2014 Outlook Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.