Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   Address Book and Shared Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/63961-address-book-shared-contacts.html)

LouiseWB December 28th 07 06:46 PM

Address Book and Shared Contacts

I currently use Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server. I have shared a contact
folder that I have on the server with a co-worker. She can view the contacts
but she can not use them as an Outlook Address Book. When she looks at the
properties of the folder the “Outlook Address Book” tab is missing. Since we
are not allowed to use public folders in our company – is there a way to fix
this so she can use the shared contact list as an Outlook Address Book to
send email from?
I found this link http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/ol...m#displayother
but I don't know how to do #1. Has anyone tried this method?

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\) December 30th 07 09:22 AM

Address Book and Shared Contacts

I also don't know how to do #1 but know a good way to send emails to the
Contacts in that Folder. Just Select the Contacts you want to email and
drag them to the Sent items folder. Let go. All of those Contacts are now
in the To... field of a new email. You can drag them to the BCC field.

--
Here are some tips about how to post questions:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

There are various articles about using Outlook he www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each
other?"
George Eliot

LouiseWB January 3rd 08 06:44 PM

Address Book and Shared Contacts

I tried changing the profiles and it worked for most of the computers in our
office. I have one laptop that shows the Outlook Address Book tab but it's
shaded out. Any thoughts on why?

Brian Tillman January 3rd 08 07:45 PM

LouiseWB wrote:

I tried changing the profiles and it worked for most of the computers
in our office. I have one laptop that shows the Outlook Address Book
tab but it's shaded out. Any thoughts on why?

That means the Outlook Address Book service is not correctly defined in the
mail profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]