Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   Phone prefix 9 for an outside line does not work with Panasonic sy (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/63046-phone-prefix-9-outside-line.html)

Roy Millington December 12th 07 05:50 PM

Phone prefix 9 for an outside line does not work with Panasonic sy

When using the prefix 9 to access an outside line on our Panasonic phone
system through call contact in Outlook 2007, it does not work. If I add a 9
to the nuber it works, also an online bank system which has a 9 in the prefix
dialling setup works. When the 9 is added in the dialler dialogue box it
does not change "the number will be dialled as"

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Regards

Roy Millington

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] December 12th 07 08:48 PM

Phone prefix 9 for an outside line does not work with Panasonic sy

This is not an Outlook issue. Dialing is handled by your operating system's
telephony system and will abide by your dialing rules. It is intended for
analog lines only.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

homeLAN December 12th 07 11:57 PM

Phone prefix 9 for an outside line does not work with Panasonic sy

- Dialing Properties | Edit ... |Tab "General" | Dialing Rules
- enter "9" in "To access an outside line for local calls, dial:" (also for
long-distance calls, if required).