How do I filter my contacts in Outlook 2003 for a custom field?

Old December 5th 07, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Masque42

Default How do I filter my contacts in Outlook 2003 for a custom field?

I need to set a filter in Outlook 2003 contacts that searches a custom Yes/No
field. It won't show up anywhere in the usual filters screen.
Thanks.
Old December 6th 07, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

I am not sure what you call "the usual filters screen".

2 things..

1. When In a table view, with your User Defined Yes/No field showing, try
grouping by that field (drag it inot the Group By Box - found on the
Advanced Toolbar). Come back if you need more instructions to do this.

2. Have you tried to Define a New View that is filtering to show only items
where your field value is "yes"? Again, let me know if you need
instructions to do this.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

There are various articles about using Outlook he www.judygleeson.com
Canberra, Australia

Old December 6th 07, 07:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
alboob

I think "the usual filters screen" Masque42 refering to is the search pane of
the contact folder. I have the same question. I can click "Add Criteria" to
add a built-in field to the searching(or filtering) criteria, but how can I
add a custom field of the contact folder to the criteria?

Old December 6th 07, 07:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
alboob

btw, I am using Outlook 2007, not sure whether "Add Criteria" button is call
the same name in OL2003, think so...