Import contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007

Old October 4th 07, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
elphix

Default Import contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007

I recently decided to ditch Outlook Express in favour of Outlook 2007.
Everything went smoothly in the transfer except for my contacts. They were
all sorted into groups in Outlook Express but now in Outlook all I have are
the contacts that were not in any group. How do I transfer the groups across
without having to do every single contact as a vCard. Exporting the groups as
a CSV file isn't working either.
Old October 4th 07, 03:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

As we have posted here frequently, Outlook does not use groups so you cannot
import groups into Outlook from Outlook Express. You import Contacts, not
groups. Ungroup your Contacts if you want to import them.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]