make a distribution list from sub contact lists

Old July 11th 07, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Mike

Default make a distribution list from sub contact lists

Hi, i have folders under contacts and i want to make distribution lists from
them. i can make a distribution list from the contacts in the contacts tab,
but not the folders under the contacts. when i try all i get when i add
members is ,,,, no names or e-mail addresses are added. what am i doing wrong?
Old July 11th 07, 10:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Well for one you're using run-on sentences that are hard to follow and too
short on detail. Slow down. Post accurate, thorough details. List the
precise steps you are using to add members and what happens when you try.
State whether you enabled your subfolders as email address books (look in
their Properties to see).
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 11th 07, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Mike

Hi,

Sorry first time user.

The subfolders are enabled as email address books.

I imported the contacts from an excel file via a CSV file and the contacts
are in sub folders under the contacts folder. I can email them individually.
In the main contact folder I can create DL without a problem. I use the file
– new – DL process. I name the DL and then select members from the
appropriate sub folder. As I click on the members button in the middle all
that transfers to the right column in a semi colon ;.

Any ideas?

Old July 11th 07, 11:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Indeed. Imported data rarely if ever works as it should in Outlook. Avoid
doing so whenever you can. Microsoft has not been able to figure out how to
import data into Outlook.
I suspect this article will describe the problem you are having. I can only
hope it also provides a solution:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 12th 07, 03:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

mike wrote:

Hi, i have folders under contacts and i want to make distribution
lists from them. i can make a distribution list from the contacts in
the contacts tab, but not the folders under the contacts. when i try
all i get when i add members is ,,,, no names or e-mail addresses are
added. what am i doing wrong?

If you have your contacts collected in subfolders, you don't need DLs. Just
select the contents of the folder with CTRL-A and click ActionNew Message
to Contact.
--
Brian Tillman