How do I easily transfer my contacts from one computer to another

Old June 5th 07, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Charles75

Default How do I easily transfer my contacts from one computer to another

I was wondering if there was an easy way to move my contacts from one laptop
to another?
Old June 5th 07, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Peter Marchert

On 5 Jun., 22:10, Charles75
wrote:
I was wondering if there was an easy way to move my contacts from one laptop
to another?

Simply copy your pst-file which you will find in a hidden folder in
you user profile.

Peter

--
Infos, workshops & soft-
ware for your Outlook®:

Old June 5th 07, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gordon

"Charles75" wrote in message
I was wondering if there was an easy way to move my contacts from one
laptop
to another?

On the old machine, close Outlook. Copy the pst file. Paste to the new
computer. Do NOT overwrite any existing pst file. In Outlook do
File-Open-Outlook Data File. Navigate to where you pasted it. Then copy the
contacts from the folder in the old file to the Contacts folder in the new.
When finished, close the old file.