Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   copying e-mail addresses (display names) from body of e-mail (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/41953-copying-e-mail-addresses-display.html)

jpampinella February 26th 07 06:51 PM

copying e-mail addresses (display names) from body of e-mail

My boss has forwarded me an e-mail with a number of contacts to put in our
distribution list. Since it's a forwarded e-mail, the contacts appear in the
body of the text, and I can't right click to find more info.

I can cut and paste the e-mail addresses individually and paste to our
distribution list; however, many of the e-mail addresses are shown as display
names - not e-mail addresses. Is there any way to access the e-mail address
from the display name if it's located in the body of the e-mail?

Thanks...
Julie

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] February 26th 07 08:37 PM

copying e-mail addresses (display names) from body of e-mail

Not if he forwarded the message. He's stripped out the information you would
need to create a DL.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman February 26th 07 08:40 PM

jpampinella wrote:

I can cut and paste the e-mail addresses individually and paste to our
distribution list; however, many of the e-mail addresses are shown as
display names - not e-mail addresses. Is there any way to access the
e-mail address from the display name if it's located in the body of
the e-mail?

Cut and paste is all you have. If the message contains only display names,
then that's all there is.
--
Brian Tillman