Delete Contacts / Distribution Lists

Old February 22nd 07, 09:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
KJ

Default Delete Contacts / Distribution Lists

Riddle me this... I have a Distribution List named "Employees". I have an
employee named Joe Smoe. Joe leaves the company so I delete his contact from
my Outlook. Why is Joe still in my distribution list? How do I get Outlook
to recognize that if I delete a contact, it should be deleted from my DL?
This is a simplified example, but in reality I have several contacts that
could be affiliated to multiple DL's. I don't want to rely on my memory to
pull him from all the DL's?
Thanks

Old February 22nd 07, 10:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

DL's will not update automatically and never have. They should, but they
don't, and it's not going to be fixed. Few savvy users use DL's. They're
just too much trouble.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 23rd 07, 03:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

KJ wrote:

Riddle me this... I have a Distribution List named "Employees". I
have an employee named Joe Smoe. Joe leaves the company so I delete
his contact from my Outlook. Why is Joe still in my distribution
list?

Because you didn't open the DL and delete it.

How do I get Outlook to recognize that if I delete a contact,
it should be deleted from my DL?

You can't.
--
Brian Tillman