How do I hide the email address going to a group of people?

Old February 16th 07, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Bays

Default How do I hide the email address going to a group of people?

I need to know how to send out a distribution list to many people and not
have the email address show to all the people to who this letter went out to
Old February 16th 07, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

That's what the BCC field is for.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 16th 07, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Bays

"Bays" wrote in message
I need to know how to send out a distribution list to many people and not
have the email address show to all the people to who this letter went out

God I know that know! Thanks so much for responding so quickly. So now I
have a distribution list with all the emails in there that go out at one
time, how do I send the email? Do I send it to me and then CC to the whole
list. And if I CC to the whole list will each person receiving the email see
that each others emails?

Thanks so much!
Debi
Old February 16th 07, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Bays wrote:

God I know that know! Thanks so much for responding so quickly. So
now I have a distribution list with all the emails in there that go
out at one time, how do I send the email? Do I send it to me and
then CC to the whole list. And if I CC to the whole list will each
person receiving the email see that each others emails?

Cc and Bcc are not the same. If you don't want your recipients to see the
addresses of the others who also receive the messsage, you must use Bcc
(ViewBcc FIeld). Then you have a couple of choices. You can simply leave
the To and Cc fields empty or you can put your own address in the To field
and the DL name in the Bcc field. You can also create another contact whose
DIsplay As field matches that of the DL (or any other phrase you want, like
"Undisclosed Recipients", give it your address, and put that in the To field
while putting the DL in the Bcc field. Finally, you can skip the DL
altogether, put the addresses of the contacts in a separate Contacts folder,
and use mail merge to send an individual message to each contact in that
folder.
--
Brian Tillman