Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   Convert business card into a vCard (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/3884-convert-business-card-into-vcard.html)

Susanna March 7th 06 03:34 PM

Convert business card into a vCard

Is it possible to scan a business card, convert it into a vCard, email it to
someone and be populated into their Outlook?

[idea, of course, is to avoid retyping business cards]

Thanks,
Susanna

Diane Poremsky [MVP] March 7th 06 04:08 PM

Convert business card into a vCard

they would need to open and save - you can't automatically add it to their
contacts folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Dawn April 10th 06 09:31 PM

Convert business card into a vCard

Hi Susanna,

There is a card scanner that works great and is very accurate. It scans it
into it's own application and then imports them right into Outlook. We have
one here that every shares. This is the one we use.

http://www.cardscan.com/products/executive.asp