Outlook Contacts closes when I attempt to open a contact

Old January 16th 07, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Phyllis

Default Outlook Contacts closes when I attempt to open a contact

I am using Outlook 2003 SP2. It has worked just fine until now. I am trying
to edit one contact and add another. Each time I try to open the contact, I
get a general error message and Outlook closes. When I click on File, New,
Contact, the same thing happens. I have restarted my computer twice, but that
had no effect. Any ideas?
Old January 16th 07, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ

I'm encountering the same error message, but I have restarted my computer
about a half dozen times? I have ran the detect and repair function and it
didn't do anything. Help!!!!

Old January 16th 07, 03:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why don't you tell us what the error message is?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 16th 07, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8118.0 AppStamp:456628bf
ModName: plugin.dll ModVer: 1.0.0.6530 ModStamp:42653320
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0000163b
This is all that I could get from the message, it was the one that gets
sent to Microsoft so they can use it to determine if it needs to be
corrected. A lot of good that does me.

Old January 16th 07, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You appear to have and add-in causing the problem. Turn of all add-ins.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 16th 07, 11:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Repair your Outlook Data File using the Inbox Repair Tool. Then create a new
profile.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 16th 07, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Phyllis

I used the Inbox Repair Tool, then the Automatically Repair Office Programs,
then reinstalled Office from Add or Remove Programs. None of these have
worked. I still get the same error message and Outlook closes. I am next
going to try to remove the security updates from January 10 and see whether
those updates are the problem.

Old January 16th 07, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Phyllis

Removing the two January 10 security updates fixed the problem. I hope
Microsoft will now find a fix for those updates!

Old January 16th 07, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
ajgmisc

"Phyllis" wrote:

I am next going to try to remove the security updates from
January 10 and see whether those updates are the problem.

I tried backing out the two updates to Outlook that I applied on 1/11 and
that solved my problem also. I should have noted the KB numbers of those
update before I backed them out so that I could include them here, but
didn't. I can track them down if it's not obvious which updates I'm
referring to.