How do I send an existing letter to one of my Outlook contacts?

Old January 12th 07, 05:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
cyndi

Default How do I send an existing letter to one of my Outlook contacts?

I have an existing letter in Word and need to select one of my Outlook
contacts to send this letter to. How do I do this? Does Outlook offer this
type of service? I currently use ACT and would like to switch everything I
do over to Outlook but I cannot seem to figure out how to do this in Outlook.
Old January 12th 07, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Cyndi wrote:

I have an existing letter in Word and need to select one of my Outlook
contacts to send this letter to. How do I do this? Does Outlook
offer this type of service? I currently use ACT and would like to
switch everything I do over to Outlook but I cannot seem to figure
out how to do this in Outlook.

In Word, click the Email button on the Standard toolbar. On Word 2003, it's
the fifth icon from the left after New Blank Document, Open, Save, and
Permission.
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 15th 07, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
cyndi

How do I get my contacts information to load from Outlook onto the letter.
It sounds like it may be a lengthy process everytime I want to send this form
letter to one of my contacts. I need to be able to load my contacts
information onto the letter each time I need to send it to someone different.
Currently I use ACT and all I have to do there is go to my contact and click
"write" and pick the document I want to write. It loads my letter with my
contacts info. and creates a word document with my letterhead that I can save
and e-mail. I want to be able to do this from Outlook, can I?

Old January 15th 07, 09:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Why not use Word's "Insert Address" function?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 17th 07, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
cyndi

This will not work unless I populate another list in word which I would need
to maintain daily as it is seperate from outlook. I need to be albe to do
this from my outlook contacts list.

Thanks for your suggestions but it doesn't sound like outlook can do what I
need it do. It sounds like the other software I use is more capable of doing
this for me.

Old January 17th 07, 06:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Knight

1. Open the letter in word

2. Click toolsLetters and MailingsLetter Wizard

3. Choose the Recipient Info tab.

4. "Click here to use address book", your Outlook contacts will be
listed, choose the contact you want, click ok.

5. The name and address is added to the top of the letter.

6. Click the "File" Menu and choose the "Send To" and you will find
different options as how to email the letter.

No need for two address books and it took 5 seconds. :-)

Old January 17th 07, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I don't understand why you think you would need another list. What you
requested is exactly what the Insert Address function does.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news

Old January 17th 07, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Knight

Here's a good page that shows how to use the mail merge function in
Word 2003. It's a batch form letter that can be emailed to a dozens of
people except that each one will get it personalize with just there
address and what ever the other fields you field like inserting.

http://www.uwec.edu/help/Word03/MM-wizard.htm

=====