Merge a contact to a Cover letter

Old February 6th 06, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Default Merge a contact to a Cover letter

Is there any way that you can right click on a contact and have it
automatically merge the contact's name and other requested information
into a Word document (ideally have a few different forms--fax cover,
quote, etc...)? A coworker does this through ACT! database and it
saves a ton of time, but I can't seem to figure it out in outlook. I'm
using Outlook 2003 with BCM. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old February 6th 06, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Patricia Cardoza [MSFT]

Right click, no, But you can select the Actions menu and then choose from a
whole bunch of options (provided you're also using Word 2003). You can
create a new letter to the contact directly from the Actions menu.

--
Patricia Cardoza DiGiacomo
rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for

oups.com...

Old February 6th 06, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
[email protected]

Unfortunately, that doesnt work because I would still have to insert my
companies letterhead every time. I also need more than one "letter"- I
need one for fax covers and one for quotations.

Old February 7th 06, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook

I think the word doc you choose to use as described by Patricia can be a
template - so make one for each standard doc you need to send out. Your
friend with ACT! will have done that as well.
--

Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
Acorn Training and Consulting

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

oups.com...