Multiple Contacts Folders

Old January 31st 06, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
BJ9

Default Multiple Contacts Folders

We are using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2003. We migrated one of our people
to a new machine. When he goes to send a new e-mail, there are three
Contacts folders under Outlook Address Book. Only one has the data in it,
one is blank and the third gives an error message when it tries to open.

Is there any way to delete the two folders that have no data in them. FYI,
there is only one Contacts folder in the folder list under Outlook Today.

Thanks

Old January 31st 06, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

BJ9 wrote:

We are using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2003. We migrated one of our
people to a new machine. When he goes to send a new e-mail, there
are three Contacts folders under Outlook Address Book. Only one has
the data in it, one is blank and the third gives an error message
when it tries to open.

Is there any way to delete the two folders that have no data in them.

ToolsE-mail AccountsView or change existing directories or address
booksNext. Select Outlook Address Book and click Change. Remove the bad
folders there.
--
Brian Tillman

Old February 1st 06, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
BJ9

Thanks, I did try that but I don't get the folders. This takes me to our
Exchange Server Settings. Even when I go to advanced settings I just get
more Exhange Server Settings and no way to delete extra folders.

Is there anything else I can try??

Old February 2nd 06, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

BJ9 wrote:

Thanks, I did try that but I don't get the folders. This takes me to
our Exchange Server Settings. Even when I go to advanced settings I
just get more Exhange Server Settings and no way to delete extra
folders.

You didn't mark the "View or change existing directories or address books"
radio button. You left the selection on "View or change existing e-mail
accounts"
--
Brian Tillman