Contact e-mail addresses

Old January 26th 06, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
boknowsf16

Default Contact e-mail addresses

I have a few questions regarding my address book. I have a distribution list
that contains seven hundred people.

Question 1: In side the distribution list there are one of two icons or
pictures to the left of their name--what is the difference and can I change
them?

Question 2: In the distribution list I can see everyone's e-mail address
but when I double click on names with one of the icons I get a small screen
and the other icon I get the normal properties menu except the e-mail address
is missing. I've tried to look under e-mail, e-mail 2 and 3 but nothing is
there despite being able to see it in the distribution list.

Question 3: On occassion I would like to e-mail one or two of the names in
the distribution list but cannot select them. I don't want to have them as
independant names in my contact list. Is there any way to do this? If not,
is there any fast way of putting them back into my contact list?

Question 4: Sometimes the names don't display correctly on the distribution
list and I've verified the full name, display name, and file as name are
correct. Is there any other location I may be missing?

Thank you very much!

Old January 26th 06, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

1 - One icon is for a contact's email address added to the distribution list
(little head) while the Rolodex card is an email address you manually added
just to the distribution list

2 - Same sort of thing, they act differently

3 - If you add the distribution list to an email then hit the plus sign at
the front of its name (while it's in the To, CC or BCC field), Outlook will
expand the list to its members. You can then delete the ones you don't want
to include in this mail item

4 - Not sure on this one

Old January 27th 06, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
boknowsf16

Thanks for the help! Any idea on the second part of question 2--the missing
e-mail addresses in the properties window? They are there initially, but
then disappear for some reason.

Thanks again!