Forward a Contact Folder to another Outlook on network drive

Old October 31st 06, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
vlwilburn

Default Forward a Contact Folder to another Outlook on network drive

I want to forward my Contact Folder to another team member. There are
approximately 200 names in this folder.
Old November 1st 06, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

vlwilburn wrote:

I want to forward my Contact Folder to another team member. There are
approximately 200 names in this folder.

Can I assume you have no sharing server like Exchange? If you don't, then
create a PST (FileNewOutlook Data File), copy your Contacts folder to it,
close that PST, stop Outlook (to detach the PST from the mail profile so
that it doesn't get damaged), zip the PST or rename its extension to
something other than ".pst" so Outlook doesn't block it on the receiving
end, start Outlook, and mail it as an attachment. The recipient can save
the attachment and either unzip it or rename it, then open it in Outlook
with FileOpenOutlook Data File. If you and the recipient both use the
same version of Outlook or you have Outlook 97-2002 (the recipient can have
any version), then this should work.
--
Brian Tillman

Old November 1st 06, 02:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
vlwilburn

Brian,

Thank you for this information. We are on an Exchange Server. I tried your
method, but winzip won't allow me to rename the pst. Any further suggestions.

Old November 2nd 06, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

vlwilburn wrote:

Thank you for this information. We are on an Exchange Server. I
tried your method, but winzip won't allow me to rename the pst. Any
further suggestions.

If you're on an Exchange server, just share your contacts. No transfer
needed.
--
Brian Tillman