Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   Outlook : send and receive error #0x800-40600. lost contacts ? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/29774-outlook-send-receive-error-0x800.html)

jbuck011 October 12th 06 06:23 PM

Outlook : send and receive error #0x800-40600. lost contacts ?

ERROR: Office Outlook send and receive 0x800-40600
"Address book could not be displayed. Contacts folder associated with this
address list cannot be opened. It may have been moved or deleted or you do
not have permissions. For information on how to remove folder from outlook
address book, see Microsoft Office Help.".....I tried: Inbox repair
Tool/Scanpst.exe, in C:\Programes file\common files\system\MSMAPI\local ID
folder..... (LCID)=1033, I even tried Roll-Back, and Detect and repair as
well as a complete uninstall/reinstall with no change to contacts folder.
When I tried creating a new one, computer tells me that there's one already
there...???
I need help....HELP!
jbuck011

--
Jesse

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] October 12th 06 09:03 PM

Outlook : send and receive error #0x800-40600. lost contacts ?

Question has been posted here countless times, as has the answer. Read the
posts. You tried everything but the correct solution. For a specific answer,
post your Outlook version next time.
It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to “lose track” of the
connection to its Contacts Folder when you move or import your PST or update
your Outlook version or operating system. Use the following steps to reset
the connection. Note that in some instances you may actually have to remove
the Outlook Address Book completely from your Profile, close Outlook, and
then re-add it before you can get it to work.

For Outlook 2000, Corp/Workgroup:
Go to Tools Services. Make sure the Outlook Address Book service is
listed. If not, add it. Next, R click on the Contact folder or folders you
want the OAB to display, choose "Properties", go to the Outlook Address Book
tab and check the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box. You may
also need to go to Tools Options Addressing Tab and choose to show your
Contacts folder.

For Outlook 2002/2003:
Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book checked?
If this is grayed out...Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change
existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present?
If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed,
then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add
it.

More details available he
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002
--