Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   How do I recover my lost contacts in MS Outlook? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/2849-how-do-i-recover-my.html)

JB January 8th 06 05:42 PM

How do I recover my lost contacts in MS Outlook?

I recently had to do a system recovery of my computer which erased MS Office.
I reinstalled MS Office but now I don't have access to my personal folders
and contacts in MS Outlook. Have I lost these for good or can I find them
somewhere on my computer?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] January 8th 06 06:22 PM

How do I recover my lost contacts in MS Outlook?

The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the
mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored.

Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]