Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   How do I get my contacts list to be address book? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/27086-how-do-i-get-my.html)

Montana September 15th 06 02:33 PM

How do I get my contacts list to be address book?

I have migrated from Outlook 2002 to 2003 on a new laptop. Some simple
frustrations: how do I get my contacts folder to show up under my personal
folders. Then, how do I get my contacts to be my email address book?

Thanks and
--
Peace

Brian Tillman September 15th 06 02:54 PM

Montana wrote:

I have migrated from Outlook 2002 to 2003 on a new laptop. Some simple
frustrations: how do I get my contacts folder to show up under my
personal folders.

Make sure you're using a Navigation Pane view that shows Contacts, like the
Contacts or Folder List views.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563/en-us
--
Brian Tillman

Montana September 15th 06 04:17 PM

How do I get my contacts list to be address book?

I believe I have gone through all the steps but I cannot get the newly named
My addresses to stick when I go to "to". I have to select it in the dialogue
box each time. Also the fill does not work when entering an addressee.
--
Peace

Brian Tillman September 15th 06 04:18 PM

Montana wrote:

How do I get Contacts into the folder view Navigation Pane?

Click the Folder List button at the bottom. That will show all your
folders. Here are a couple of a pictures of what the icon looks like. It's
at the bottom left of the main Outlook window.
--
Brian Tillman

Montana September 15th 06 04:34 PM

How do I get my contacts list to be address book?

Now have the contacts in my Address book. Thanks.

But, the list shows up alphabetized by First name. I have selected last,
first but it doesn't work.
--
Peace

Brian Tillman September 15th 06 04:53 PM

Montana wrote:

Now have the contacts in my Address book. Thanks.

You're welcome.

But, the list shows up alphabetized by First name. I have selected
last, first but it doesn't work.

ToolsE-mail AccountsView or change existing directories or address
booksNext. Select Outlook Address Book. Click Change. Set the sort
order. Click Close, then Finish. Stop and restart Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman September 15th 06 05:01 PM

Montana wrote:

I believe I have gone through all the steps but I cannot get the
newly named My addresses to stick when I go to "to".

Did you creare a new folder named "My addresses"? Your contacts should be
in the "Contacts" folder, although there's nothing wrong with having more
than one contacts folder.

I have to select it in the dialogue box each time.

Which dialogue? In Address Book? Click ToolsOptions in Address Book and
select the order in which you want Outlook to search your Contacts folders.

Also the fill does not work when entering an addressee.

The autocompletion feature does not use any of your contacts folders. It
remembers the addresses you've used. So, if yo didn't keep the file that
contains the autocompletion data from before, then you'll have to wait while
it builds up again.
--
Brian Tillman

Montana September 15th 06 05:15 PM

How do I get my contacts list to be address book?

I believe I did it all as you said. When I reopen the change dialogue box it
shows last, first but when I open the address book through To in an new
email, names are still first last and alphabetized that way.
--
Peace

Brian Tillman September 15th 06 07:42 PM

Montana wrote:

I believe I did it all as you said. When I reopen the change dialogue
box it shows last, first but when I open the address book through To
in an new email, names are still first last and alphabetized that way.

Did you stop and restart Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman