Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   Distribution list and Personal Contacts? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/25513-distribution-list-personal-contacts.html)

Gordon Price August 30th 06 01:09 AM

Distribution list and Personal Contacts?

We have an Office Contacts in Public Folders, and we have lots of people
still maintaining personal contact lists. Now we need to generate a bunch of
mailing labels for various contacts who reside either in the Office Contacts
or in a users Personal Contacts.
The instructions our Marketing Department sent out today is to have everyone
add Personal Contacts to a Distribution List in the Office Contacts. But my
guess is that won't work because the Personal Contacts are not shared, and
the Distribution List is just a bunch of pointers, not the actual contacts,
correct?

My first thought is to just create a new Public Folder and have people copy
contacts into that folder. But I wonder if there is a better way. Like making
everyone's Personal Contacts shared via GPO and building a Distribution List
that points to contacts in the Office Contacts as well as people's Personal
Contacts.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Of course the Marketing Department
needs this done by tomorrow! ;)

Thanks,
Gordon

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] August 30th 06 02:04 AM

Distribution list and Personal Contacts?

Your simple copying idea is the one I'd recommend. A distribution list, no matter where it resides, will be no help at all for generating mailing labels.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP