Contacts are not displayed

Old August 28th 06, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Percy

Default Contacts are not displayed

Hi. I just recently re-installed my Office 2003 and imported my Microsoft
Outlook *.pst files. I had successfully imported all my emails. On my
contact list I have all the contact names but when composing a new email
contacts are not displayed after pressing "To: , Cc:". The err msg says that
it has been moved or deleted. How can I fix this? Thank you.
Old August 28th 06, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP Outlook]

Importing is a decidedly poor choice for transferring Outlook data. If you
are lucky, the only data you lost was the connection between your Contacts
Folder and the Outlook Address Book. You probably lost more than that.
It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to “lose track” of the
connection to its Contacts Folder when you move or import your PST or update
your Outlook version or operating system. Use the following steps to reset
the connection. Note that in some instances you may actually have to remove
the Outlook Address Book completely from your Profile, close Outlook, and
then re-add it before you can get it to work.

For Outlook 2002/2003:
Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book checked?
If this is grayed out...Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change
existing directories or address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present?
If it isn't listed, add it and close and restart Outlook. If it is listed,
then remove it and close then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add
it.

More details available he
http://support.microsoft.com/default...Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old August 30th 06, 10:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Percy

Russ, I did follow your instructions and deleted the Outlook and Personal
Address and add the Outlook Address again. It worked. Thanks a lot.

Percy