How do I put Contacts in my Personal Address book?

Old July 14th 06, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gail R

Default How do I put Contacts in my Personal Address book?

After upgrade to Outlook 2003, my Personal Address Book disappeared. How do I
get this back, or move SOME from my contacts list to my Personal Address book?
Old July 14th 06, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook has not used a PAB for years. It is obsolete and will no longer be
supported. Are you certain you were using a PAB and if so why?
Explain your problem more clearly.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 17th 06, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gail R

My company was using Outlook 97. Since Outlook has "not used PAB for years",
I guess that answers my question. What I find now are multiple entries in the
contact address book, and VERY slow recognition of addresses when addressing
a new email. Sometimes people I frequently send to are not even found! I
would like the ability to define a "work" address book and a "personal"
address book to speed the search. That was how I used my "obselete" PAB. I
keep contact listing like, my dentist, physician, and these do not need to be
a part of the "work" address book.

I hope that is "clear" enough.

Old July 17th 06, 05:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

How much longer do you intend to use Outlook 97?
Are you saying that you now use both a PAB and the Outlook Address Book in
the same profile?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old July 18th 06, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Gail R

As per my first posting, we upgraded to Outlook 2003 and that was when I
realized I had lost the PAB.

Old July 18th 06, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Please provide clear and complete information. We simply can't read minds.
How was this upgrade done? What information store are you using? Did you
ever migrate your PAB to Contacts? Were you using only a PAB in Outlook 97
or also the Outlook Address Book?
An in place upgrade would not "lose" your PAB.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]