How To Display Imported Contacts In The GAL?

Old June 30th 06, 02:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Doug G

Default How To Display Imported Contacts In The GAL?

Hello all,

I've successfully loaded contacts into AD 2003 from a csv file using the
csvde.exe utility. I'd like these contacts to display in the GAL. And
actually they do display in the GAL for the first minute or so after they are
initially loaded using csvde.exe. Then they disappear from the GAL after
about 60 seconds and are never seen again. I have thousands of contacts to
import so I'd like to get the correct fields in the csv import file so they
will automatically display in the GAL. I don't want to have to manually
modify the contacts once they are in AD to get them in the GAL. Here are the
fields I'm importing for the contacts:

DN
objectClass
displayName
mail
OU
showInAddressBook
msExchHideFromAddressLists
proxyAddresses

What fields do I need to add to get the contacts to display in the
GAL....PERMANENTLY.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Old June 30th 06, 03:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Try asking in the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group or an AD group.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP