See more detail when viewing distribution list

Old June 28th 06, 03:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
SRS

Default See more detail when viewing distribution list

I've made several distribution lists of our customers. When I click on a
distribution list (in the contact window) to see who is in a specific
distribution list, the only columns that appear are 'name' and 'email
address'. How can I add 'company' so when I want to view a distribution list
I'll see: 'name', 'company', and 'email address' of everyone in that list?

Thank you!
Old June 28th 06, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You can't. Outlook doesn't store any information in a distribution list about companies.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old June 28th 06, 07:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
SRS

BUMMER!
But thanks for the answer...I thought for sure there was a way to do it.

Old June 29th 06, 08:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson

There is but not in dist lists.

Try using Phone List view of COntacts and adding fields or at least
Categorising people. You can then make dynamic groups email merge to them
etc. Much more functions than a DL ever can give you.

eg I can group by Category and then State to find all A customers"" in
Queensland""

--
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
www.acorntraining.com.au