How do I import data from Lotus Organiser 6.0 into Outlook con

Old May 31st 06, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
DLS

Default How do I import data from Lotus Organiser 6.0 into Outlook con

I'm trying to do the same thing. When you talk about making the first row
contain the field names are you doing that in Excell? Exporting directly form
Organizer 6.o creates it's own very long list of field names. How can I get
around that?

"Karl Timmermans" wrote:

Really not much to "mapping fields" - just follow the screens (make sure
that the first row in the file you have created to import contains the field
names - otherwise known referred to as a header row) and when the Outlook
import screen appears in the sequence that shows "Map Custom fields" - click
on it which will present you with the Import Data fields (left hand side)
and Outlook fields on the right hand side - just drag the fields you want to
import on the left to the appropriate fields on the right. If the "Map
Custom Fields" button doesn't get highlighted - just means you haven't
checked the box beside the item you want to import. Other then that - you
should be set to go and the whole process should be done in a couple of
minutes.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0
"Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com

" wrote
in message ...
would appreciate if any one can help in Filed Maping task within Outlook
contact imports function to save time and learn from experience, cheers

"Karl Timmermans" wrote:

This article should help:

OL2002: How to Import Lotus Organizer 6.0 Data
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=297129

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0
"Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"
wrote in message
am converting from Lotus Organiser 6.0 to Microsoft outlook 2003 with
Business Contact manager (BCM), I need to convert about 3000+ business
addresses from Lotus Organizer 6.0 into Outlook 2003

Old June 2nd 06, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Karl Timmermans

You will need to refer to Lotus support (or any other similar venue like
this one that deals with Lotus Org) related to how and what Lotus exports.
Not sure what you mean by "very long list of field names". If it's exporting
more fields then what you want - refer to Lotus for info on their export
process. Not familiar with Lotus anymore so forget whether or not you can
select which fields to export. Regardless, it's not an Outlook issue. If
you're referring to "long field names" - then it's a non-issue. Just map the
fields exported to the target Outlook fields (field name size not a factor).

header row refers to the first row (line) in any text file which
contains the field name for every column (field) contained in the file.
Applies the same to Excel worksheets as it does to CSV or Tab delimited
files.

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com