How can I delete a duplicate contacts folder

Old April 25th 06, 12:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jeet66

Default How can I delete a duplicate contacts folder

Breif history first: I accidentally zapped my PDA with static electricity.
It rebooted itself and the entire saved contents of my PDA...contacts,
calendar etc,.... (my whole life) was wiped out.
No biggie..... I had a backup program (Sprite) that I had installed and was
able to restore it back to about 5 weeks ago. After the restore I wanted to
be sure to sync back to my PC again to additionally recover the past 5 weeks
of changes to the contacts and calendar folders. This was not an easy task
because I am working in Outlook 2003 with an exchange server that uses ssl to
connect and its not always consistent as to how it syncronizes. Mostly I
will have to start active sync manually on the device to get the update to
work. Well, after I finally got it to work I realized that it updated the
Outlook Calendar and Contacts on my PC from my PDA not the other way around
like it normally does. So now my Outlook contacts folder is missing 5 weeks
of data and my Outlook calendar duplicated everything three times on my PC.
It also created an empty contacts folder in outlook that I cannot delete, but
all new contacts want to store there as the default location. My PST is
stored locally and has not given me any problems until now. I think I am
stuck having to reinput all tha data but I really need to "oust" that extra
contacts folder. Please advise, Thank you
Old April 25th 06, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not an Outlook issue.
Contact the provider of your synchronization software for assistance.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old April 25th 06, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Jeet66

Ironically.....its Microsoft ActiveSync Ver 4.1 and My PDA is running
Microsoft Pocket PC Ver 4.20.0. Am I still in the right place ? I am not so
much concerned with what caused it, all I want is to delete the duplicate
(empty) contacts folder in Outlook 2003. I think that in this case that
makes this an Outlook issue. Please advise, Thank you.

Old April 25th 06, 10:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

No. Try the ActivSync group.
--
Russ Valentine