Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   Can a custom catagory list be "pushed out" to all on the network (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/11590-can-custom-catagory-list-pushed.html)

Bob Everhard April 14th 06 02:04 PM

Can a custom catagory list be "pushed out" to all on the network

Can I modify the master catagory list on the server to push out the same list
to all computers on our network?

Francine Otterson [MVP - Outlook] April 14th 06 02:22 PM

Can a custom catagory list be "pushed out" to all on the network

Categories are profile specific and are not a specific designed to share
with others. However you can address it by creating a form with the
customized categories. Also see the link below

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040426.htm

--
Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
MVP - Microsoft Outlook

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] April 14th 06 03:35 PM

Can a custom catagory list be "pushed out" to all on the network

Yes, this can be done with the Custom Maintenance Wizard, by exporting from an existing Outlook installation and importing into the CMW, but that would overwrite any list that the user has already set up -- probably not a good thing. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm for more information.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP