Mail merge Contacts fields into subject line of email

Old April 14th 06, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
TheScenicRoute

Default Mail merge Contacts fields into subject line of email

How do I mail merge a Contacts field into the Subject Line of an e-mail?

e.g. I want the subject Line of the e-mail to say:

First_Name, I just got married!
-or-
Order confirmation for Full_Name.
Old April 14th 06, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not an option. You can look into third party alternatives.
This is a first. I've never seen anyone need to customize the Subject field.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old April 14th 06, 06:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

It's usually in CRM applications and Outlook isn't a CRM package. BTW
Customer Relationship Management.

Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook
Acorn Training and Consulting
www.acorntraining.com.au

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

Old April 14th 06, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Office has no feature to do that. It would require custom code or a third-party tool; see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old April 14th 06, 02:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
TheScenicRoute

Wow. I stumped Outlook 2003. I didn't think that was possible, with all that
can be done with VBA and VBScripts.
Darn. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go to another program.

If anyone else can suggest a way to stay within Outlokk, I'm all ears...

Old April 14th 06, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

As I said, it could be done with code. You did not, however, express any interest in writing any such code.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP