Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Using Contacts (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/)
-   -   importing new field names (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-using-contacts/10828-importing-new-field-names.html)

tommmm April 7th 06 09:06 AM

importing new field names

I have created my own field names in Business Manager, however when I attempt
to import the data from either an MDB or Excel spreadsheet, the option to
import my field names is not there.

How can I import field names that are not in the list of fileld names
offered ?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] April 7th 06 12:29 PM

importing new field names

Outlook doesn't support importing to a custom fields. You'd have to write custom code or use a third-party application. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm.

And how well Business Contact Manager would support those fields is a completely matter that you might want to take up in the microsoft.public.outlook.bcm newsgroup.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP