Can't send out the email with attachment large than 5MB

Old October 8th 09, 01:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
H2O

Default Can't send out the email with attachment large than 5MB

I don't know why I can't send out the emial which have attachement large than
5 MB. Please advise what shoud I do....
Old October 8th 09, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Vince Averello

Your mail server might be rejecting them as too large

Do you receive any error message?

Old October 8th 09, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
H2O

I'm using outlook 2003 and I have try to send out the email with attachment
with smaller than 5MB is fine.

But when I send out the email with attachment with larger than 5 MB, it will
keep in "Outbox" and I can't even delete it. It will show "Can't open this
item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message" but it sits there
for days and never sends or be deleted. So please advie what shoud I do. I
have double check with the srevice provder and they said my account is fine
and the limite of the attachment is 20MB now. So is my setting problem or
what else? Please help with THX!

Old October 8th 09, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
H2O

It wil lshow "
Task 'pop3.xtra.co.nz - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The
connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact
your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server
responded: 421 Service not available ; Closing transmission'

Old November 22nd 09, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Diogenes99

H2O, did you ever get an answer or figure this out? I think I am having the
same problem, but have not yet confirmed it is the size of the attached file.

Old July 23rd 11, 06:09 PM
handyman454 handyman454 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
I don't know why I can't send out the emial which have attachement large than
5 MB. Please advise what shoud I do....
Called GoDaddy my URL Provider.

Word is that Microsoft Corp has written the Outlook program to refuse to send any message with a combined, converted format larger than 20 MB's.

Ergo.
Any file attached to the email plus the email itself when converted to its binary(?) format for sending that exceeds 20MB simply will not send out. Period. No way around it.
Your file in its converted format probebly exceeds that limiter.

As such, the only way around this is to either send it via ground/air mail or transfer it to another site in its file format to be down loaded by your recipiant.
I.e. Upload your large file to your website (or theirs) and have them then down load it to their computer.