Troubles with Outlook after Windows Update

Old July 30th 09, 07:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
SC74

Default Troubles with Outlook after Windows Update

Hi! My Outlook won't work after an automatic Windows Update happened this
morning...I get a message saying "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
Cannot open the Outlook window.". I'm using Windows Vista and Microsoft
Office Outlook 2007.

I have tried the repair option on the install disks but it hasn't helped at
all. I'm also worried about loosing all of my contacts & calendar
information - is there a way of backing it up before anything happens to it?

Please HELP!!!!!
Old July 30th 09, 09:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

You should be backing up data anyway, all outlook data is contained within a
*.pst file, which is a hidden file
You cannot backup data if outlook is open.
Does outlook start in safe mode?
Start Run outlook.exe /safe

Old July 30th 09, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"SC74" wrote in message

Hi! My Outlook won't work after an automatic Windows Update happened this
morning...I get a message saying "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
Cannot open the Outlook window.". I'm using Windows Vista and Microsoft
Office Outlook 2007.

So, roll your PC back to the System Restore Point just prior to installing
that update and see what happens?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 7th 09, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
jim d

I am having the exact same problem following an automatic windows update. I
tried doing a restore and that did not help. When I try to start outlook in
safe mode using run outlook.exe/safe I get a message saying that it is not
found. I am at a loss. Please help

Old August 7th 09, 05:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Slipstick[_5_]

Jim D;58821 Wrote:
I am having the exact same problem following an automatic windows
update. I
tried doing a restore and that did not help. When I try to start
outlook in
safe mode using run outlook.exe/safe I get a message saying that it is
not
found. I am at a loss. Please help

you need to add a space between outlook and /safe.

however, /safe won't fix it. To fix it you need to delete the xml file
that sets the navigation pane - so at start menu, run, type
outlook.exe /resetnavpane

--
Slipstick

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)
http://forums.slipstick.com/

Old August 10th 09, 06:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Tinkerbell

I received the error message "Invalid XML The view cannot be loaded" just
yesterday. System restore would not run and internet provider claimed my
Outlook 2007 (running on XP) was corrupted. Not so. Thanks to Slipstick's
post, I tried Start, Run and "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" and that fixed the
problem immediately. What a relief! Just be sure to insert that space after
".exe" and before "/" or it won't run.

Thanks for the helpful post, Slipstick.

Old October 11th 09, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Lori

Thank you for this info. I was having the exact same problem. I was in
panic mode. Thanks for the post

Old October 15th 09, 05:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
mrsdadwarc

I have had the same problem. I tried the outlook.exe /resetnavpane and it
still gives me the outlook is corrupt message. I did the reinstall of
outlook and that didn't work either. PLEASE HELP. I am at a total loss.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for your time. M
Old October 28th 09, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
wangdong[_2_]

If your outlook corrupted, you can try a tool called Advanced Outlook
Repair. You can download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
.. I think it is a useful repair tool for you. It is easy to recover
your PST file by using its wizard. It is a powerful tool to recover
messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft
Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

Wangdong