Configure Outlook to prompt me to choose a profile when starting u

Old June 19th 09, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Secinv

Default Configure Outlook to prompt me to choose a profile when starting u

I need to choose a profile, once I open up Outlook 2007. Microsoft's written
instructions are incorrect and have not helped??

Configure Outlook to prompt you to choose a profile when started
In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
Do one of the following:

Windows Vista Click User Accounts, and then click Mail (no mail icon to
click?).
Note In Classic view, double-click Mail.

Microsoft Windows XP Click User Accounts, and then click Mail.
Note In Classic view, double-click Mail.

The Mail icon won't appear unless you have Outlook installed and have run
the program at least once.
The Mail Setup dialog box opens.

Click Show Profiles.
Under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt
for a profile to be used.

When Outlook starts, click the profile that you want to use in the Profile
Name list.

Tip When you use multiple profiles, there is usually one that you use the
most often. Using the Prompt for a profile to be used option, you can
configure Outlook to always select that profile in the Profile Name box. Then
all you have to do to use that profile is click OK:

--
Thank you,

Stephen
Old June 19th 09, 08:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

When you have outlook running and then close it, check in Task
ManagerRunning Processes Tab that outlook.exe is still not running

Old June 20th 09, 05:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Stephen

Default Configure Outlook to prompt me to choose a profile when starti

Hi DL:

I read your response, but did not clearly understand it. I have set up 5
different profiles (e-mail accounts) with Outlook 2007. At this time, all my
messages go to the same in box?? I would like to set up Outlook 2007 with the
option to treat every profile, as a completely different one (5 different
e-mail accounts working totally different from each other? Two are business
oriented, One is for my Biker Club, One is for fun and the last for research
and the expected junk mail I will receive.

Can you kindly help me with a step by step procedure to accomplish this task?

Old June 23rd 09, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
DL[_2_]

How exactly did you set up these Profiles?, if you mean you simply added
several email accounts these are not Profiles
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm scroll to the bottom for
Directly assign the account a Folder Set

Old July 29th 09, 07:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
logcastle

I am attempting to make Outlook my default mapi store/program and am thinking
that the process you outline below is what I need to do. I am on Vista but
under CPUser Accounts I have no Mail icon (in classic view). I have Outlook
2000 installed and running on my Vista machine. What am I missing?

Old July 29th 09, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"logcastle" wrote in message

I am attempting to make Outlook my default mapi store/program and am thinking
that the process you outline below is what I need to do. I am on Vista but
under CPUser Accounts I have no Mail icon (in classic view). I have
Outlook
2000 installed and running on my Vista machine. What am I missing?

Two things are wrong. The first is that if your Vista is the 64bit version,
you must enable the 32 bit Control Panel extensions to see the Mail applet.
The seond thing is that Only Outlook 2003 and later are Vista-compatible.
It's conceivable that Outlook 2000 will work on Vista if installed in
Corporate/Workgroup mode, but don't hold your breath.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 27th 09, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Stephen

Thank you ALL! Your input was appreciated and was very kind of you to assist
me in finding resolution!