Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Installation (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/)
-   -   Can not open Outlook due to connection to other users resource, I think... (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-installation/91712-can-not-open-outlook-due.html)

Kelvin[_2_] June 18th 09 05:34 PM

Can not open Outlook due to connection to other users resource, I think...

I have an issue with Outlook 2003, on XP Pro connecting to Exchange 2007.

When I open Outlook it prompts me for the password to a user I had accessed
or somehow connected to.
The Dialog box says Connect to Echange.domain.local at the top.
Then is has a user name domain\marketingdept.
I thought this issue might be because the password on the marketingdept
account had expired so I changed the passwork for the user marketingdept and
entered the new password in this box that pops up when I open Outlook.
I've recreated the Mail profile at least three times, but I still can't get
past this dialog box.
If I cancel the box, Outlook doesn't open.

I have a spare PC and have configure Outlook on that PC and Outlook works
fine.
Is there a way to reset some part of Outlook to get it to forget about
marketingdept info?

Any help would be apprecitated!

Kelvin

Kelvin[_2_] June 18th 09 05:37 PM

Can not open Outlook due to connection to other users resource, I think...

When I close the dialog box I get this message:
Microsoft Office Outlook
Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server
computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the
Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] June 18th 09 07:04 PM

Kelvin wrote:
When I close the dialog box I get this message:
Microsoft Office Outlook
Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange
Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems
or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.

Just delete this mail profile and create a new one.

Kelvin[_2_] June 18th 09 08:31 PM

Can not open Outlook due to connection to other users resource, I think...

"Just delete this mail profile and create a new one."

1) I've deleted the user in AD

2) In "Microsoft Exchange\Recipient Configuration\Distributed Group", I
Right clicked and chose Disable now I can't see the object (if it even
exist) to delete it

3) I've deleted and recreated the Mail profile on the PC numerous time.

When I recreate the profile on the PC "Control Panel\Mail" it imedietly
knows about domain\marketingdept.

Are any of these what you are referring to?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Kelvin

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] June 19th 09 01:55 PM

Kelvin wrote:
"Just delete this mail profile and create a new one."

1) I've deleted the user in AD

2) In "Microsoft Exchange\Recipient Configuration\Distributed Group",
I Right clicked and chose Disable now I can't see the object (if it
even exist) to delete it

3) I've deleted and recreated the Mail profile on the PC numerous
time.

When I recreate the profile on the PC "Control Panel\Mail" it
imedietly knows about domain\marketingdept.

Try creating a brand new Windows profile for the user (or log in at a
different computer) ...if you use roaming profiles, disable it for the user
first.

Are any of these what you are referring to?

What am I missing?

A mailbox can't be "connected" to another mailbox this way. That's entirely
due to the mail profile.

Thanks

Kelvin

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"